5 out of 5 Magical Coffee Cups
For decades, inexplicable technology has passed into our world through the top secret anomaly called the Breach. The latest device can punch a hole into the future …”
What Paige Campbell saw when she opened a door into seventy years from now scared the hell out of her. She and her Tangent colleagues brought their terrible discovery to the President – and were met with a hail of automatic gunfire after leaving the White House. Only Paige survived.
Fearing a terrifying personal destiny revealed to him from the other side of the Breach, Travis Chase abandoned Tangent … and Paige Campbell. Now he must rescue her – because Paige knows tomorrow’s world is desperate and dead, a ghost country scattered with the bones of billions. And Doomsday will dawn in just four short months … unless they can find the answers buried in the ruins to come.
But once they cross the nightmare border into Ghost Country, they might never find their way back …
I am assuming you have read the first book. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Read it!
- Oh, I’m back in Tangent! I had to see where this was going.
- Alright, first off, Travis is incredible. I trust this man with my life. He has a bit of a shady past, as we learned in the last book (and possibly a shady future, as we also saw in the previous book?), but he is a rock star.
- The entity they are dealing with in this book is fantastic. I love how we still don’t really know where these things are coming from. Like this could be such a simple tool wherever it came from, but to us, it’s the most insane thing we have ever laid eyes on with our present technology.
- I was so intrigued by the things in the books, and I felt like so much was introduced but not fully explained. I wanted to know so much more about so many things in this book.
- The only example I can think of without giving anything away is the little information that is known about the entity. So many theories are thrown around, but very few hard facts.
- Have you ever read a book and thought there could easily be a spin-off based on one aspect of the book? That is what I felt when reading this book. Heck, I even wrote to the author about this! He said he would have loved to explore more in the book. So I guess that sounds pretty doubtful he will be writing spin-offs.
*sits and stares into the void thinking of all the amazing stories that could be*
Okay, I’m back. I have the third and final (*sniff*) book in the series ordered and ready to go.
I am a little worried going into this next one. Why are there only three? What is going to happen to these incredible characters I have grown so invested in?
What will happen to the Breach?
What will happen to all of the entities?
Is this the last I will hear about Tangent? Am I ready to take these final steps?
Ugh, this is the issue with book series. Series can be outstanding, but they bring hardship and withdrawal as you wait for the next book or mourn their ending.